Microsoft is going to release the biggest update for Windows 10 users this month. Microsoft may offer some new features in this new update and will also fix some old bugs. There are also rumors that Microsoft may stop supporting the 32-bit version.
Microsoft is promising major changes to its new update. Like the new icons for the system app, the new Chromium-based Edge browsers also improve some graphic performance. According to the latest information, Microsoft rolled out official ISO files on MSDN.
MSDN stands for Microsoft Developer Network. This likely means that only MSDN subscribers can download the official ISO version.
- Updates to improve security when using Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus.
- Updates for verifying usernames and passwords.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Xbox.
- Updates to improve security when Windows performs basic operations.
- Updates for storing and managing files.
- Updates to improve security when using Microsoft Office products.
A Twitter user WZor.Net was the first to spot these ISO files.
What will be the new features updates of May 2020
Features are such as:
- Search Home: There will be four features to your search home for easier access to some apps like Weather, Top news, History, New movies, Updates.
- Virtual Desktops: You can easily rename your virtual desktop instead of getting stuck with system-issued names like Desktop 1.
- Cortana: In the new update, Microsoft has further developed Cortana, now you can undock Cortana from the taskbar and you can move or resize it like any other App.
- Bluetooth Pairing: Now you can pair your Bluetooth device from notification so there’s won’t need to go to the Settings app to finish pairing.
Apart from these, some more new features will also come.
Will previous versions of Windows 10 still work.
Microsoft will end support for Windows 10 1809 after the May 2020 update. This update was delayed due to the effect of coronavirus. You can still use the Windows 10 1809 version, but the loss of Microsoft support means that you will no longer receive critical updates and security patches.
Do you have to update to the new May 2020 version?
No need to, Microsoft recommends you to update to, but it’s not mandatory unless you want to get the new features.
If you have an older version, you can use it, you do not need to update it.
The following table shows these dates for all currently available versions, as of May 2020.
- Google Started integration of G-Calender into Chrome OS Quick Setting
- 5 Best Features of New ColorOS 12 (Android 12), Improved & Redesigned UI: You Should Know
- New Features of OxygenOS 12: Based on Android 12 For Chosen OnePlus Smartphones
- How to Download and Install Samsung One UI 4 Beta for Galaxy S21
- Microsoft’s Your Phone App May Get a New Look for Windows 11