Creating a Bootable USB Pendrive is the process of using a USB storage device to boot or start a computer’s operating system. It turns on the computer hardware to use a USB Flash Drive to start the windows installation. ( How to Create a Bootable USB Pendrive | Here’s how you can.)
USB Pendrive has become so popular these days almost replacing bootable disks, People use it more than anything.
Before we start we will learn some important information.
What is CMD?
CMD (Command Prompt)
Command Prompt is a command-line communicating application available in most of the Windows operating systems. It’s used to execute entered commands. Most of the commands are completed via scripts and batch files, Perform advanced work on the computer and troubleshoot any kind of issues in windows.
Creating a Bootable pendrive With CMD
STEP 1. using the DISKPART command.
Insert the USB Drive into your running computer, The first step is to start the
command prompt in administrator mode, to start the cmd search for cmd in your search box, and then right-click on Run as administrator to start it.
- Type ‘diskpart’ on command prompt and hit enter, wait for the until DISKPART program run.
- Then type ‘list disk’ the diskpart will show the storage list in your pc There would be seen that the active disks shown as Disk 0 for hard drive and Disk 1 for your USB flash drive with its total capacity.
- Type ‘select disk 1’ to select your external USB drive and press Enter
- Type ‘clean’ to clear all the data in the USB drive and hit Enter.
- Type ‘create partition primary’ and hit Enter, To create a primary partition in the USB drive.
- Type ‘select partition 1’ and hit Enter, choosing the partition as an active partition.
- Type ‘active’ and hit Enter. Activating current partition.
- Type ‘format fs=ntfs quick’ and hit Enter. To format the partition as NTFS as a file system quickly.
- Type ‘exit’ and hit Enter. To leave the DISKPART program but don’t close the Command Prompt instead.
Copying installation media
10. open the location where is the iso file.
11. . extract the iso file with the help of WinRar.
12. Copy all the files that are inside the iso image & paste it in your USB Flash Drive.
YOUR BOOTABLE USB PENDRIVE IS READY TO INSTALL THE WINDOW IN YOUR PC.
What is Rufus?
Rufus is a famous and easy way of making windows installation media. It supports all types of USB Pendrives, Memory Sticks, Memory cards, etc. The minimum requirement of Rufus is your pc should have installed at least Windows XP. You can make a bootable USB flash drive to use install windows in your system. The first step is to create the USB flash drive bootable using Rufus,
Making a Bootable Flash Drive With Rufus.
- Open the Rufus.exe application.
- On top of the bar, you will see the ( Device) select your USB Flash Drive.
- On the Boot selection menu click on select and select your ISO image.
- In the partition scheme. As which partition you want your USB Drive (MBR or GPT) MBR(Master Boot Record) Here you can only create a maximum of 4 partitions of your hard disk.
GPT (GUID Partition Table ) Here you will create as maximum partitions as you want.
- In the formatting option, you can change your (Volume Level) USB device name.
- In the (file system) select your formatting of the USB drive (FAT32 or NTFS).
- Now click on the start button.
Your Booting Sequence will be initiated.
You’ve learned about How to Create a Bootable USB Pendrive. Support us by sharing with your friends who need this knowledge more.