What is Recovery USB Drive?
USB recovery device used to start your pc in case of any problem. You can use a recovery USB drive to troubleshoot your computer in case windows unable to boot. A recovery drive also contains Windows system recovery tools which can assist you to recover Windows from a big error or restore your computer from a system image. After reinstalling your PC, it will take you at that time when you created the recovery image of your system.
Creating a Recovery USB Drive
If you do not make a restore image of your computer, then if there is any problem with your computer, then even after restoring the system, your files and applications will not be returned. System problems can also be caused by software or hardware that does not allow the window to boot. If you create a restore image of your system, you can recover all your files and applications by restoring the system even after a system fault occurs.
Caution: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase every data which is already stored on the USB.
Making a Recovery drive in Windows
- Click on the start button, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it. You might be asked to enter the admin password confirm and press ok.
- When the tool opened, confirm copy system files to the recovery drive is chosen then select Next.
- Connect a USB drive in your PC, choose it, and then click on next
- Select Create. Many files need to be copied to the recovery drive, so this might take some time. After creating the recovery drive, disconnect it. And if there is any deficiency in your computer at any time, or to use reset or refresh you can fix it by using the recovery drive.
What is the system repair disc?
A system repair disc is a bootable disc that you simply can create on a working PC with Windows, and use it to troubleshoot and repair system problems on other Windows PCs that are failing. The disc has about 366 MB of files thereon for Windows 10, 223MB of files for Windows 8 and 165 MB for Windows 7. Obviously, it can fit on a clear old CD or a DVD. (How to create a recovery USB drive or system repair disk.)
Make a System Repair Disk (CD/DVD)
- To create a CD/DVD system repair disc, Go to Control Panel > Backup and Restore (Windows 7,8,10), then click the “Create a system repair disc” link on the left.
- In the “Create a system repair disc” window, select the disc-burner drive with a writable or rewritable CD or DVD inserted into it, then click the “Create disc” button to make your system repair disc.
- Windows will immediately start writing disks. Windows disk repair takes less time to build than a recovery drive it only takes a few minutes to burn the disk. When it’s done, it gives you some little information about how to use the disk. Note that the fixing plate is attached to your original installed Windows.
If you created a windows 10 64-bit installation system repair disk, then you can use only that types of system to repair. When it done creating click the ‘Close’ button, and then click ‘ok’ to close the “Create System Repair Disk” window.
Tips: Windows disk repair takes less time to build than a USB recovery drive.
How to use Recovery USB Drive or System Repair Disc
- Insert the recovery media(USB or DVD/CD), Select the boot option either USB or DVD.
- Click on Repair your computer.
- Click troubleshoot.
- Then click Advanced options.
- And select system image recovery.
Then you’re good to go.
As you learned about How to create a recovery USB drive or system repair disk. Learn more about how to create a Windows Bootable USB Drive.