Bing WordPress plugin helps publishers indexing new articles on the Bing search engine faster. Once installed and configured with an API key, this plugin will start working.
The market share of Bing search is 2.75%, which is lower than Google, Google has a market share of 91%. This plugin ensures that the site URLs are always fresh in the Bing index. The whole process is automatic, site owners just have to install and configure it.
Bing WordPress Plugin Overview
The Bing URL submission plugin for WordPress is Officially available at WordPress.org, it enables the automatic submissions of new URLs on Bing search. Plugin auto-detects the pages or posts, or any old updated pages, it will automatically submit the URL to the Bing Webmaster Tools.
To check if a URL is indexed on Bing search or not, you can use the search parameters like site: URL to find the indexed URL.
On upper you can see the URL is not indexed, this gives a reason to use the Bing URL submission WordPress plugin.
According to the Microsoft Bing webmaster blog, Here are some handy features included in the new plugin:
- The ability to toggle the automatic submission feature on and off.
- Manually submit a URL to Bing Index.
- View list of recent URL submissions from the plugin.
- Retry any failed submissions from the recent submissions list.
- Download recent URL submissions for analysis.
To increase the crawling and indexing rate of the newest article on Bing search, this is a must-have plugin. To configure more you can go to your Bing Webmaster Tool.
Here is how to configure your Bing WordPress Plugin:
How to work with Bing WordPress Plugin
- Log in to the WordPress admin panel for your WordPress site. Click on ‘Plugins > Add New’.
- Search for ‘Bing URL Submissions Plugin’ and install.
- Once installed, click on ‘Activate’ to enable the plugin.
- Login to the Bing webmaster tool to get your API key
- You need to select your site, click on settings > API access > Generate API key to get the API key
Once you have added the API key to Bing WordPress plugin settings, the plugin automatically detects the new articles and submits it to the Bing Webmaster Tool for fast indexing.
Or Follow the Installation guide by WordPress.org
If you don’t want to use the plugin, no problem, because Bing automatically picks the new articles for indexation via the sitemap (If you have submitted your website sitemap in Bing Webmaster Tool). You can also do manual submission for the selected unindexed articles. Using the plugin makes everything easier.
How To Submit URLs Manually on Bing Webmaster Tool
For unindexed URLs, the best thing is by submitting it manually on the Bing Webmaster Tool.
You can add up to 10 URLs in a day, for indexing.
For now, the Bing URL Submission plugin is only available for WordPress, but soon Microsoft may officially launch it for other content management systems in the future.
This plugin makes it easier for webmasters to have their own Content Management System and other Content Management System to reuse the ideas and ease integration with the API.
You can browse the code at the GitHub repository.
Benefits of Bing WordPress Plugin
First and most important: Bing is number two in the list of largest search engines in the US. So you want your site to rank on it.
Well, 2.75% may not sound much impressive until you see the actual numbers:
- 1.3 billion unique monthly global visitors to Bing.com.
- 12 billion monthly search volume worldwide.
- 500 million monthly search volume in the US.
That’s why you should use Bing as well as Google.
FAQ (Question and Answers)
Yes, when your article URL is indexed on Bing. This plugin helps to automatically index new URLs of your site.
No, there’s no need for it, you can do it manually. If you don’t want to use the plugin, no problem, because Bing automatically picks the new articles for indexation via the sitemap (If you have submitted your website sitemap in Bing Webmaster Tool). You can also do manual submission for the selected unindexed articles. Using the plugin makes everything easier.
- (FDE) Full Disk Encryption || Advantages & Disadvantages
- 10 Things Must Do Before Changing The WordPress Theme
- 10+ Best Keyword Research Tool For SEO: 2020 Edition
- 13 Excellent Ways to Improve WordPress Site Speed
- 20 Best Digital Content Creation Apps For Students